Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Marley & Cain

Marley's story is still untitled because I can't seem to find the perfect name, but the synopsis is done. Yay me! Usually writing the synopsis is harder for me than writing the story, but this one just flowed out of me. I've also started writing it (the synopsis and a teaser are at the bottom of this post) and unlike Promised, which leans more toward young adult, I think Marley's story is going to be more new adult. Marley and Cain are older characters (20 going on 21, and 24) and it seems only right that their story will be a little more heated than Linc's and Wyn's, who were both going on 18 in Promised. I hope this doesn't upset anyone, but I feel it's the way the book needs to go to get their story right. But if it does upset any of you I'm so so so sorry but blame the characters! It's what they want! (yep when the blame is pointed my way I'll point it towards those voices in my head that whisper their stories to me)

Anyways, on to other news. Reviving Bloom is available in paper back on createspace. It'll be available in paperback on Amazon in 5-7 days. If you were here right now you'd see me doing my happy dance (no it's not a pretty sight, but yes I'm still doing it). I've been meaning to have this done for months, but between finishing Promised and family stuff it was pushed aside, so I'm thrilled that it's finally done and available. Here's the createspace link: https://www.createspace.com/4113068.

As for Promised, it is still with the editor. It'll be out sometime this month, but like last time I don't have the exact date. I feel sorry for the lady who is going through it though, my grammar is awful and I have a bad habit of going between past and present tense, but she's awesome and I know she'll polish it for me.

Also, there is now a character page with character pictures from all the books (current & coming). You can see how I imagine my swoon worthy characters for yourself, so go check it out here: Characters.

Now on to Marley & Cain. Here's the teaser & synopsis I promised above. I hope you enjoy.



Marley's Story (Untitled - Promised 2)

Synopsis:

Marley Thompson always knew how her life would play out. She’d have an adoring gypsy husband that she’d love, a perfect home, and a bunch of babies that she’d stay home and take care of. And she was well on her way to that being her reality when she was hit with the truth about how “adoring” her husband really is.

His betrayal tears her heart to pieces, changing her in the process.

So when she realizes her broken heart won’t allow her to have her dream life anymore she comes up with a new dream. She gets a job for the first time, goes back to school, and starts working towards her new dream. A dream that leads her away from her gypsy roots.

But when everything is starting to look up trouble come’s knocking in the form of her cheating ex-husband. Thankfully, her boss’ nephew, Cain Ross, steps up to protect her, but when he sets his own sights on winning over her shattered heart, will she be able to protect herself from him.
 

*****Teaser*****

 
“We can do this. I can do friends with benefits.” Marley rambles as she paces back and forth.
Cain grabs her by the arm, pulling her to him. “I’ll get the benefits, but I’m also getting everything else.”
“Everything?” Marley squeaks.
“Everything. Your smiles. Your laughs. Your tears. Your heart. They’re all mine.” He tightens his arms around her, sliding one hand up her back to circle her neck. “Hell, you can deny it all you want, but we both know they’ve been all mine since that first day I watched you blow in to the bakery like you were coming from a runway instead of that damn courthouse.”
Her mouth drops open into an “O” shape, but no sound comes out. Though that doesn’t matter because Cain wasn’t giving her a chance to deny it. He slammed his mouth down on hers, showing her exactly what his words had meant.





No comments:

Post a Comment